Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Activating the Authenticator

On the 14th I finally got my token and as I sat down to do a nice big writeup with pictures, I nosed over to WoW Insider and found one of my friends there had already done such a post. Well heck there's really no sense in me doing what's already been done, so here are a few paragraphs from Amanda Dean's post "Activating The Authenticator" and a link you can follow to the full post:

The Blizzard Authenticator is currently sold out on the Blizzard Store. I'm sure there will be plenty more to come, when they're ready. I bought one as soon as I heard they were available. Although my experience with the Blizzard Store was not great, it was certainly better than some others. After my order was placed, every time I checked on in, I what appeared to be a rag doll murloc who informed me that an error occurred on the page.

My authenticator has arrived. Thanks to the free shipping from the Blizzard online store, I saved $0.59 in United States Postal Service postage. To be honest, I'm just glad to have my security token. The token come with a single piece of documentation, which directs the user to the security token FAQ page.

I expected the authenticator to be slightly larger. It's approximately the same size as the clicker for my Mustang. I have not yet devised a tether for it, but the device will soon be leashed to my computer.


Continue reading Activating the Authenticator

No comments: